Monday, July 18, 2011

3-D Pansies

Hi there. Today I wanted to share a card I made using this photo as my inspiration......and the Pansy 3-D/pattern stamp from Eureka Stamps. So cool huh??!!! I just love these 3-D stamps from Eureka stamps. They are really very easy to use, and add so much to a project. Ok...first I need to tell you about my photo above. We have a garden in front of our bay window. Each year, I plant inpatients in there, and we have bulbs in the early spring. Well this year, I switched up my flower of choice for the garden. No impatients. I bought some other things...BUT...right in the front row under the peach tree, popped up this little plant. A pansy plant! I was soooo excited since I love pansies, but I was very confused where it came from...lol. I never planted these in that spot. We now call it the "random pansies". Funny thing...there is another "random pansy" plant on the side of the house growing in a rock bed! Well, I used my "random pansies" as my inspiration to make these 3-D pansies. I started by stamping the image onto white CS with purple ink. Next, I colored all the pieces with colored pencils. I used a purple pencil to go over the "dark part" of the pansy. Next, I cut out all the pieces, and began scoring and curling as the directions say to. When you make your own 3-D pansy, I recommend that you lay out the pieces exactly as the picture shows. It is easier to grab the correct number petal as the directions call for them. I also find with any of the 3-D images, they "curl" better if you use one squirt of a mini-mister bottle on it before playing with it. Well, after I got these guys together, I attached them to a simple green CS base, and added a rub-on. I really wanted to make the flowers the focal point of this card, so I didn't use any PP or other embellishments. I am going to play with this stamp again and see what other pansy creations I can come up with. If you haven't had a chance to check out the 3-D/Pattern images from Eureka Stamps yet, be sure to do it today! There are so many to choose from, and they add so much to your projects!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jessica! Love your inspiration too. One of my favorite flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the pansy, the dimension looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete